Sunday, November 30, 2008

Book Cover Design

I am pleased to announce that the latest pages to Flagler's Few are going swimmingly. I plan to have at least the second chapter inked and third chapter in finished pencils by the end of December. As I stated previously, I'm planning on preparing the first three chapters for Editor/Publisher review.

I am also THRILLED to announce that the book cover illustration will be done by my close friend, Kate Kasenow! I have always been an admirer of her work and feel that her whimsical and fluid style of art will lend itself well to the cover design of Flagler's Few.

Kate is currently working on her own endeavors but has agreed to do me this favor. As I would do the cover design myself, I always enjoy collaborating with friends and fellow artists and I'd be under-exaggerating if I said I was only a little excited to see how Kate designs the characters and builds the illustration.

I still have a hand in the cover's creation. Using the Cintiq I quickly sketched out some rough concepts of how I want the book cover to look like. You can check them out below.

Also, be sure to check out Kate's work on her blogspot.

No comments: